Sunday, February 5, 2012

Republicans (smh :p)

This week we have to blog about the 2012 Republican Primaries. The 2012 republican primaries, are selection processes in which voters for the Republican voters, get to choose the Republican nominee for  President of the United States. This primary, was the first primary influenced by the Tea Party Movement, or TPM. TPM endorses reduced government spending opposes tax in varying degrees, and reduction of the national debt, and federal deficit. The name adheres to the Boston Tea party in 1773. Anyways two candidates who ran in 2008, ran again this year; Ron Paul, and Mitt Romney. This year's primary was also filled with scandal, with Hermain Cain, and Rick Perry. In order of popularity the Candidates are/were Mitt Romney, Newt Ginrich, Ron Paul, and Nick Santorum. While i'm not a Republican, i really liked Ron Paul, and thought hat he was the best candidate, but apparently the Republican voters don't agree with me. I will agree that Republicans are the ones who gained this country its freedom, and that this nation was founded on Republican ideals, however in our current era, in my opinion, the Democrats have carried this country, and stopped it from destroying itself. (just look at Obama's stats). Sorry just had to add my opinion.

4 comments:

  1. "in which voters for the Republican voters"....proofread. And your not on the Republican's side either! Anyways thank you for informing me about the Tea Party because I always wondered what there purpose was. I wish you expanded on why they support this primary (it would save me some time) but you spurred some thought in me regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You supporting Ron Paul reminded me of this one picture I found XP. There was this one Ron Paul supporter who shook hands with Obama. And when the picture was taken, you can see that on his hands, the words "Ron Paul for President" were written. It was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good blog! but I have to say I don't agree with you on the Obama statement. I believe he has put this country into more debt then the heap load we already had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Omar. I wish you expanded a bit more. but it was a good blog, nevertheless. good job.

    ReplyDelete